Arundel Lodge No. 76

Ancient Free and Accepted Masons

P.O. BOX 228

Kennebunkport, Maine 04046

Directions
 (see map)

Arundel Lodge is located at 10 North Street in Kennebunkport, Maine
GPS coordinates: 43.363477,-70.47707

Stated Communications Second Tuesday
of Each Month
Annual Meeting, December 10, 2013


September 11, 2001

<bgsound src="holycity.mid" loop=false>



In Memoriam
Brother Johnnie Martel



Public Supper
 Map
 Past Masters of Arundel Lodge
History of Arundel Lodge
Links
Guest Book
Current Trestleboard

For other area Lodges Activities click  HERE 



Arundel Lodge is located at the intersection of Temple Street and North Street, in Kennebunkport, Maine. Kennebunkport was an early fishing and boat building community, located on the rugged coast of Maine. Today it is one of the finest tourist attractions in Maine.


Organization for 2014

Worshipful Master -  Wor. Bro. Daniel Tidwell

Senior Warden - Bro. Thomas Reagan

Junior Warden - Bro. James Fairfield

Secretary/Webmaster - Wor. Bro. John Nompleggi

Deputy Secretary/Webmaster - Bro. Daniel Gaucher

Treasurer - Bro. Phillip Nystrom

Deputy Treasurer -  Bro. Todd Cesca

Senior Deacon - Bro. Daniel Gaucher

Junior Deacon - Bro. Jonathan Rosen

Senior Steward -

Junior Steward - Bro. Ian Smith

Tyler - Bro. Ellsworth Bridges Jr.

Marshal -  Bro. Dan Fink

Organist -

Chaplain - Bro. Stedman Seavey

Grand Master of Masons in Maine - MW Bro. A. James Ross

DDGM, 19th District - RW Bro John O. Bond Sr.

District Education Officer -



PAST MASTERS of ARUNDEL LODGE
CHARLES GOODWIN 1854-55 
SAMUEL POPE 1856-57
H. H. CHADBOURNE 1858-61 & 67-68 & 71; 
CLARK PETERSON 1862-64; 
HENRY B. FOSS 1865-66; 
ORLANDO BROWN 1869-70 & 74-76; 
SETH BRYANT 1872-73; 
CHARLES H. GOODWIN 1877-78; 
CHARLES T. TRIPP 1879-81; 
WILLIAM M. ROUNDS 1882-83; 
FRANK A. TRIPP 1884-85 & 87; 
ALVIN STUART 1886; 
ROBERT E. SMITH 1888; 
WALLACE E. WHEELWRIGHT 1889-90; 
ISAAC F. GOOCH 1891-94 & 1900; 
RUEL W. NORTON 1895-97; 
GEORGE H. BOURNE 1898-99; 
CHARLES H. GILMAN 1901; C. 
EDWARD MESERVE 1902-03; 
WILBUR F. GOODWIN 1904-05; 
EDWARD A. PINKHAM 1906-07; 
GEORGE H. TARBOX 1908-09; 
FRANK E. MILLER 1910-11; 
WILLIAM F. MORRILL 1912-13; 
GEORGE N. STEVENS 1914; 
WOODBURY H. STEVENS 1915; 
ABNER BOOTHBY 1916 & 22
CHARLES M. JOHNSON 1917; 
DR. HARRY L. PRESCOTT 1918; 
BYRON C. HALL 1919; 
ALEXANDER BURR 1920-21; 
FRANK H. MORRILL 1923; 
WALTER E. CHICK 1924; 
GEORGE C. RAND 1925-26; 
CLYDE E. RAND 1927; 
DELBERT L. WARD 1928; 
LINWOOD G. LEACH 1929; 
E. STANLEY BROWN 1930; 
ARTHUR F. LOMBARD 1931
ALBERT H. RAND 1932; 
EDWARD M. COOK 1933; 
FREDRICK W. SMITH 1934; 
GEORGE L. SEAVEY 1935; 
CECIL M. BENSON, SR 1936; 
EARL D. STONE 1937; 
ROBERTS S. MALING 1938; 
R. WALDO PERKINS 1939;
JOHN G. SMITH 1940;
WOODROW A. LANDRY 1941;
STANLEY PERKINS 1942; 
ELLYWN K. HOUSTON 1943; 
PERCY CLOUGH 1944-45; 
WALTER CLOUGH 1946 & 48;
FRED E. CHUTE 1947
FRANK M. HOLBROOK, JR 1949; 
EARL V. BIBBER 1950;
LINCOLN O. SPENCER 1951;
WILLIAM A. STUDLEY 1952; 
IVAN T. WILDES 1953; 
J. ARCHER KNIGHT 1954; 
JOSEPH C. BURROWS 1955 & 57; 
MAURICE W. GOULD 1956; 
FREELAND K. SMITH 1958; (inactive)
HARRISON S. SEAVEY, SR 1959; 
LEIGHTON W. PERRY 1960; 
LEO G. MARTIN 1961; 
I. LEIGH BURNHAM 1962; 
COURTNEY C. AUSTIN 1963; 
HARRY SAPERIA 1964; 
O. FRANK MORRIS 1965; 
RICHARD V. BIBBER 1966;
MARTIN R. KINGSBURY 1967;
KARL S. HOOPER 1968; 
ROBERT BROOKS 1969;
NELSON E. HANSON 1970;
KENDRICK W. HOLBROOK 1971; 
LEE H. MASURY 1972;
CARROLL E. GOOCH 1973;
RONALD H. LEACH 1974; 
JOHN NOMPLEGGI 1975; 
ROBERT E. HOWARTH 1976
ROGER W. SUNDIN 1977; 
RICHARD C. WORMWOOD 1978; (inactive)
KENNETH H. ROBIE 1979; 
VERNE E. BODWELL, JR 1980; 
WAYNE T. ADAMS 1981; 
WILBUR M. YEGGE 1982; 
JOHN BURROWS 1983; 
THOMAS BRADBURY 1984; 
ALLAN E. WILDES 1985 & 90; 
BRUCE F. BRADBURY 1986; (inactive)
ROBERT T. MESERVE, JR 1987; 
DONALD A. HOLBROOK, SR 1988; 
R. CYRUS CHILTON 1989; 
BRIAN H. BRADBURY 1991; (inactive)
WAYNE A. MERRILL 1992; 
STEVEN D. LaPIERRE 1993; 
DOUGLAS R. BIBBER 1994; 
WILLIAM F. KINNEY, JR 1995; 
DAVID J. BILLINGS 1996; 
E. PETER EATON 1997&2009;
HOWARD DOANE 1998;
THOMAS S. CRESSEY 1999; 
THOMAS P. CLOSTER 2000;
ALLEN A. DAGGETT 2001;
LAWRENCE M. VENNELL 2002;
KEITH B. NUNAN 2003;
CARLTON W. JACK 2004;
ROBERT A. NELSON 2005;
DONALD G. BARBOUR 2006;
PETER J. SHAW 2007;
DANIEL R. TIDWELL 2008;
EDWARD W. HUTCHIN II 2010;
LEE M. McCURDY 2011
GERARD ROCRAY 2012
EDWARD A. BAKER 2013 
Living Past Masters

History of Arundel Lodge

At a regular communication of Arundel Lodge, held October 19, 1869, it was voted that Bros. Seth E. Bryant and H. H. Chadbourne be a committee to prepare a history of the lodge. The following are excerpts taken from their writings.

    In the early part of the year 1854, there resided in the village of Kennebunkport, York County, Maine some twenty or more master masons, the most of whom first saw Masonic light within the walls of that old land-mark of masonry, York Lodge, No. 22, Kennebunk, and as the distance of the location of that lodge was somewhat of a barrier to their meeting with their brothers of the craft so often as they wished, they resolved to make an effort for a charter for a lodge to be located in their own village, where they justly thought might be a good field for Masonic work.

    As in all other new enterprises, some opposition was manifested, but not enough to prevent the movers in the matter (among whom may be mentioned without disparagement to others, Hon. Benj. F. Mason and Capt. George G. Wormwood), from pressing onward in their work. As a preliminary movement they petitioned under date of April 17, 1854, York Lodge, asking the consent and approbation of their parent lodge to their application to the Grand Lodge for a Charter, Warrant or Dispensation, as might be thought best. This was cheerfully given and the application at once made. The Grand Lodge promptly acceded to the request, and gave the brothers applying therefor a charter dated June 26, 1854, with all the rights and privileges granted to subordinate lodges of masons.

    The name selected for the new lodge was Arundel, being that of the name of the town of Kennebunkport up to the year 1820, and so called in honor of Lord Arundel, an English nobleman; and is, in the view of many, a better and more convenient name for a town than that afterward selected and by which it is now known.

    The charter contains the names of Ivory Goodwin, John F. Mason, Thomas H. Bell, John H. Bartlett III, Sylvester Brown, Robert T. Nowell, Oliver Smith, Benjamin F. Mason, Thomas Maling, Robert Towne, Charles Goodwin, George W. Nowell, George G. Wormwood, Benjamin Hoff, Samuel Pope, George Smith and D.P. Jefferds. The charter bears the signatures of Timothy Chase, Grand Master, Ezra B. French, Senior Grand Warden, Thomas B. Johnson, Junior Grand Warden, and Charles B. Smith, Grand Secretary.

    The first meeting of the lodge was held October 24, 1854. After reading the Charter, and some other preliminary business, the following were chosen officers of the Lodge: Charles Goodwin - W M; D. P. Jefferds - S W; Samual Pope - J W; B. F. Mason - Treasurer; Ivory Goodwin - Secretary; Woodbury Goodwin - S D; James H. Tripp - J D; John H. Bartlett III - SS; William Brooks - J S; Thomas Maling - Tyler.

    The annual meeting for the choice of officers, was fixed upon Tuesday on or before the 22d day of February. The monthly meetings Tuesday on or before the full of the moon.

    The first work done by the lodge was the passing and raising of George A. Webb, who had received his first degree in York Lodge.

    Arundel Lodge had up to 1863 occupied the hall over S. H. Gould's store, but great inconvenience had been experienced on account of insufficient ventilation; and not being able to induce the proprietor to make the necessary changes, it became expedient to procure a new hall. Accordingly arrangements were made with Capt. Stephen Ward to fit up a hall over the Post Office for the use of the Lodge. A very neat and convenient place was the result, and the same as now occupied by us as our Masonic home. This hall was dedicated to the use of the craft upon the same evening as the installation (March 4), by brothers from Dunlap Lodge, Biddeford and York Lodge acting as a Grand Lodge. On August 20, 1878, the Lodge moved to a new Hall in Brown's Block (where the Colonial Pharmacy is presently located) and was dedicated by Grand Lodge, Edward P. Burnham, Grand Master.

This is the history of Arundel Lodge from 1854 to 1917.

Top




 
 

LINKS
Grand Lodge of Maine
E-M@son Links
York County Coast Star
 The internet Lodge
First Masonic District
 Third District
Fifteenth Masonic District
Nineteenth Masonic District
 Twenty First Masonic District
Maine Lodge of Research
 

Top

E-Mail


Our Public Roast Beef Suppers are held on the second Saturday of each month starting in May and ending in October

Public roast beef suppers are held at the Masonic Temple monthly. Menu: Roast Beef, Mashed Potato and Gravy, Veggies, Boiled Onions, Rolls and Beverage (coffee milk or cold drink), with vanilla ice cream and chocolate topping for dessert. Cost: $9.50 for adults, $4.00 for children under 12. The Temple is located at the intersection of North St. and Temple St. behind the Post Office parking lot. Serving family style from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. The Public Suppers are held every second Saturday of the Month, May through October.
 
 

Large Map (scroll down for detail maps)

Top