York Temple Corporation
1. The name of this corporation shall be York
2. York Temple Corporation was founded and
incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Maine in
February, 1964; to hold in trust and manage the physical property known as the
York Lodge Masonic Temple, located on Main Street in West Kennebunk, Maine.
3. The board of directors shall be the trustees as
provided for in the By-Laws of York Lodge. They shall have charge of all
Property and Funds relating to the temple and shall manage all business affairs
of said Corporation.
4. The board shall also have the power to establish
and collect rents from the attendant bodies, but no control over the regular
activities and/or projects of those bodies.
5. All members of York Lodge #22 are thereby
members of the Corporation, unless specially requested to be not listed.
6. One non-voting representative from each of the
following bodies may be designated to advise the directors, upon request. Murray
Chapter #33 R.A.M.;
Madonna Chapter #144 O.E.S; Arundel Assembly of Rainbow Girls.
1. The officers of the Corporation shall consist of
Chairman, Secretary, Treasure, and two voting members from York Lodge plus the non-voting
The Chairman to be a 3rd year lodge member or senior on
2. Worshipful Master, Senior and Junior Wardens
shall serve 1,2 & 3 year terms concurrent with
their blue lodge terms.
3. Secretary and Treasurer shall be elected at large
from York Lodge membership at the stated annual meeting to serve overlapping
two-year terms. Any remuneration
for these offices to be voted by lodge at time of election.
1. Any vacancy among the voting members of the board
shall be filled by York Lodge at a stated meeting.
2. Any vacancy among the representatives of the
associated bodies shall be filled from within the body represented.
1. The Corporation annual meeting shall be held at
the first stated meeting of York Lodge in January after the stated meeting of
York Lodge is concluded. At this
time the annual reports of the board shall be read and acted upon.
2. Any of the five voting directors may request a
meeting of the board at any time to transact business.
3. Regular business meetings shall be held at the
conclusion of York Lodge monthly stated meetings.
1. Any action by the directors shall require a
quorum of three voting members present.
All actions shall require a majority vote of voting members present.
2. Any disagreement on action among the board shall
be taken before the York Lodge at the next stated meeting, and the vote of the
lodge shall decide the issue.
1. The Secretary shall receive all monies, turning them
over to the Treasurer after recording and taking the Treasurer's receipt for
the same, keep a record of all meetings, and all other
duties pertaining to that office.
2. The Treasurer shall receive all monies from the
Secretary, pay all bills, and keep an accurate financial record of the
3. The Secretary, shall be
authorized to meet the obligations of the Corporation, if the Treasurer should,
for any reason, be unable to fulfill his duties.
4. The Treasurer's and Secretary's reports shall be
submitted to the York Lodge Finance Committee at the annual meeting of the
Corporation, for the purpose of audit.
1. There shall be a Corporate Seal, circular in
form and bearing on the ring “York Temple Corporation” and in the
1. These York Temple Corporation By-Laws shall
supersede and take precedence over all other York Temple Corporation By-Laws
written or amended prior to the date of acceptance of these By-Laws at the York
Temple Corporation general membership meeting on (Date)_04/05/2010_